I have to say that I am ready to be done with this trip South, it is nice to be somewhere that we could get on and off the boat everyday. Beaufort and Hilton Head have been the only two stops that we have made and stayed for more than a day. So, with this feeling of longing for some stationary time, I encouraged Chris to head off shore, so that we could do an overnight and just get to Florida. The forecast was for N-NE winds 15-20 knots. It sounded pretty good, even though there was a small craft advisory off shore. I should have known that was going to be a dumb idea, especially for me! I'm still suffering from the fetus flu.
We started to make our way out of the inlet, and the seas were 20-25 knot seas, but the wind was only blowing 10 knots. We were getting tossed around a fair amount, Deason wasn't happy, and I was throwing up! Nice! So we turned around and came back inside. Even with our little detour out to the ocean we still made it to Bear Island. The wind did pick up to 20 knots so we found a little protection from the wind behind a little bit of trees in the narrow Queen Bess Creek.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment