Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13, 2010 South Carolina




Chris and I were both awake at 5am, we pulled the anchor as soon as we could see to navigate our way out of the swamp. In all reality it isn't a swamp, just marsh, but it felt like swamp to me. We left Altamaha inlet, and headed for Hilton Head.


I love the idea of seeing new places, and experiencing new things, but sometimes it is nice to go some place familiar. My dad owns timeshare in Hilton Head so we have been here a number of times before. Its nice to know where the stores are and how we are going to get around.


The trip up here was long. We arrived at Harbour town about 5pm, it was a record breaking hot day, and all we could think about when we got off the boat was eating in an air conditioned restaurant. The wait was way to long, so we got take out burgers, came back to the boat and turned on the AC. It is only the second time we have used the AC on the boat, and it feels like cheating or something. Yet, I am currently writing this, sitting in front of the vent with a blanket wrapped around me, so I don't feel to badly about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment